An Epic Saline Valley Wedding. Part 3.

The aftermath.

So much pork, and love, and goodness.  The two days after our Saline Valley wedding, people packed up and started the long journey home.  A few friends and family members remained.  On Monday my sister, Sam from New York, Alex, Pepper (Alex’s mom), and I went on a crazy hike. I hadn’t realized I had been wanting to go on this hike for years.  We hiked over cinder cone, granite boulders, river rocks, and sandy desert.

I got a little photo making in on Tuesday when I visited the family we met out there who were living out of their bus and tipi.  Had fun chatting with them and taking pictures.  Zelda was eager to get back to camp, but it was great to see how simply they lived and to watch the kids playing games with toy trucks and dirt.

The weather was so nice that we were tempted to stay through Thanksgiving, even though we had decided to spend the holiday at home for the first time in 7 years. When the skies turned dark, we figured it best to get out while we could.  We spent a much of the day Wednesday packing up our camp as well as the bits and pieces people had left behind.  We stopped by the lower springs to drop off some food with the tipi family.  The clouds were dropping fast, the wind was starting to blow. A few drops of rain began to fall as we hit the road.  Our exhausted kids quickly fell asleep.  On the pass out of the valley snow was falling.  We spent the night in roadside motel in Bakersfield and drove directly to our friend Carli’s parents’ house in San Jose for Thanksgiving dinner.

What a great adventure and epic Saline Valley wedding.

If you missed Part 1 or Part 2

2 thoughts on “An Epic Saline Valley Wedding. Part 3.”

  1. I love and am amazed with your photos…every picture tells a story! Thank you for sharing your love and making Loretta so happy as well as bringing such beautiful children into your world of happiness! Beautiful thank you for sharing


Would Love to Hear From You - Leave a Comment!